Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Serendipity and a Spark


Serendipity and a Hurricane

Do you remember the electricity in the air the night we met?
Thunder and lightning, a storm no one can ever forget.
That spark is still between us, a fire in our eyes,
Drawn to you like the tides to the moons on the rise.

That night you were a stranger, your name unknown, your story untold.
But there was something familiar in the way your eyes took hold.
Hours and drinks later, your hands were in my hair, your teeth against my throat.
A happenstance meeting right before a hurricane, a history rewrote.

You opened up, invited me into your life, your bed, your home.
You steadied my nerves and stilled my restless need to roam.
In your arms, you filled the empty spaces that were never whole.
The walled off words unsaid, you could always read them in my soul.

You are the poem I could never find words for,
An unsung song, a forgotten melody at my core.
Every day, I thank serendipity for that hurricane.
It brought us together, flooded the city, and I’ll never be the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment