Friday, February 7, 2014

So You Wrote a Book. . .


My agent just sent my book out to a round of publishers. Lord willing, I will get an offer soon. Divorce is expensive, and I honestly don't know if I can count on the ex to send child support every month. He hasn't even called his boys since we left. But my book will be purchased, and my boys and I will thrive here in Florida. I feel the assurance of it in my bones. Here’s a little synopsis of what my book is about. Get excited because I need people to buy it when it comes out! 

THE SOUTH STAR

Seventeen year old Banner Davis lives in a world where the Confederacy won the Civil War, and now in present day, the South remains wealthy and walled off from the Union. As the daughter of the murderous and tyrannical President Eric Davis, Banner has always been afraid to question the injustice of slavery. Then she meets Abram, a beaten slave who is about to be executed. By bargaining with the president and agreeing to an arranged marriage, Banner saves Abram from the gallows.

 Banner may now be engaged to someone else, but she and Abram are still drawn into a secret and forbidden relationship. As the young leader of an underground rebellion, Abram brings Banner into a plot to assassinate the president, overthrow the government, and liberate the slaves. Within her father’s Cabinet, Banner finds an unexpected ally in Brigadier Lee, the new Secretary of Slave Relations. For the last year, Brig has been secretly working with Abram, the slaves, and other abolitionists to search for the reason why President Davis has been alive and in control of the Confederacy for over a century and a half.

Banner’s feelings for Abram don’t waver, but as she spends time with Brig, she becomes attracted to the goodness beneath his abrasive facade. As the three friends get closer to removing the president from power, Banner has hope of escaping her forced betrothal, but the freedom to choose won’t make her life any easier. For Banner, loving both Abram and Brig can be just as dangerous as inciting a new civil war, especially when she is torn between two rebels who are as close as brothers.

 I’ll be back later to give you a little more 411 on the divorce and the debacle that my marriage turned in to. I have a lot of feelings and blogs to write about that craziness!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's safe to say everyone in Florida is thrilled to have you back. I'm so excited for this book! I can't wait to read it, and it is definitely going to be my go to gift for holidays and birthdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited to read it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I am every excited for the book to come out. It's been a long time in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to read your book. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete