Wednesday, March 12, 2014

You're Not a Conciliation Prize

 


I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, except to occasionally gawk at Jesse Williams, but this quote is a true story. Why did I leave my husband so quickly? Because I'm not sticking around to make you feel better. I'm not staying just so you're not alone. I'm not a conciliation prize. I'm the freaking first prize!!!!! If you love me, you love only me. I am the only girl in the world for you. Sorry to get sappy, but I need to be your everything. I don't want to be worshiped, I just want to be loved like I deserve. I am not a second choice. I'm what you've been waiting for your entire life.

I'm so over it. I'm a-million-times-a-million over it.  I was relieved when I found out the truth of everything. It gave me an out, and I took it. He only wants me now because he's sad and desperate. I'm never going back. I will never make the mistake of loving someone who doesn't deserve it again. He thinks he can still control me. He couldn't be more wrong. That's not love. It's the opposite.

I was barely breathing and pretending I was alive. Survival isn't living. Being with someone who didn't love you enough isn't happiness. It's settling. It's struggling. It's a lot like dying. You don't have to take the box of darkness someone wrapped up and gave to you. You are brilliant brightness, and light is the only gift you should accept. Never been someone's backup plan. Never settle. You're worth a thousand times what you think you are. You are a the grand prize, the only thing that matters.

Write about it. Is your protagonist a first choice or a conciliation prize? There are good stories in both situations. Find the truth. Write about it. For me, writing is the only way to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment